Sunday, October 12, 2014

2014 Daily Photo Project - Day 218 - 10-12-2014

Nice blue sky.  Only a few spots left on the camera sensor.  I only digitally removed 1 really bad one. I ordered a sensor cleaning kit to clean it myself (it was getting very dirty) before sending it in to Canon for a cleaning.  Before performing the cleaning, I had about 2 dozen spots on the sensor that would show up in pictures when I used a smaller aperature.  A pain in the butt to have to clean them up in photoshop every time.  I find it odd that the camera required a cleaning after only 11 months of use.  From talking to others, this is a very normal condition.  Sensors get dirty because of oil used to lubricate the shutter.  You would think that the engineers at Canon would develop their products a little better so that this wouldn't happen.  But then they wouldn't have people, ones that care about their photos, pay them for an annual cleaning I guess.  Hmmmm.  Probably will still send it in for a full cleaning, just have to figure out when I can be without it for 7 - 10 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment