Saturday, November 8, 2014

Memories

This morning, I got up and headed for an area that I have spent much time at throughout my life.  In high school, my friends and I would go out here to hang out.  In recent years, the few times that I was able to talk my wife and son into going camping, we would go here to camp at the primitive campground.

A few years ago... the Allegheny National Forest.... in their infinite wisdom?.... decided to shut down the primitive Beaver Meadows Campground.  Why, I am not sure.  Upkeep on a campground that is just places to pitch a tent would seem to be just about nothing.  Oh well, that's our government.

I was saddened when I began to walk into the gated road into a campground that holds so many memories for me.  I didn't make it past the first site where I took this picture of the speed limit sign and trees fallen down on the road in front of campsite #1.


No comments:

Post a Comment