Wednesday, May 21, 2014

2014 Daily Photo Project - Day 74 - 5-21-2014

Mother nature supplied the photos today.  After supper, we headed down to Cook Forest State Park to look at the flooding.  When we left, the river was at 17 feet.  Flood stage is 13 feet and the record, set back in the 1930's is 18 feet.  From what I saw, something tells me that record will now be held by this flood, and will be set some time overnight.

This was the photo that I chose for my photo of the day.


A view of the park office and River Road under water.  There is a bridge over Tom's Run under there somewhere.


I kept being drawn to this bench.  It was a little more out of the water than it was in a photo you will see further down this post.


This caused quite a bit of awe from all of the bystanders when this floated down the crick.  Not sure what flooded that brought this down.  It's an ice machine.


See, almost gone to the depths.


I really like this one for some reason.


I had been wondering why nobody was around me for a little while.  I turned around and found that I had been police lined off.  Ironically, not the first time I've been on the wrong side of a police line.  When I realized, I just turned back around and kept shooting.  Not sure why they let me stay down there.  They had kicked everyone else out.  When I got back up, I joked with them that I was stuck over here now.  They kind of shrugged their shoulders and said "I guess so".  Glad they let me stay down there and didn't interrupt my photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment