Saturday, May 31, 2014

2014 Daily Photo Project - Day 84 - 5-31-2014

Ashley and I went down to see the chainsaw carvers down in Cook Forest State Park this morning.  We went last year and ended up buying a small piece.  The same thing happened this year.  When I saw this chainsaw carving, I just had to have it.  When I heard the price, I was sold.  Got a deal because it hasn't had finish applied yet.  Easy to do myself though.


We think we are going to keep adding an inexpensive piece to our landscaping every year for the next few years.  They make a nice touch, especially when you live in Northwestern PA.  You pretty much have to have at least one.

Here are some other pieces of art from today that caught my eye.

I really liked the fox in this one.  The artist was able to really add life to it's fur.


This one almost come home with us instead of the lighthouse.  It's a Blue Heron.


Thought this guy crawling out of the stump was cool.


Now this is one really happy little bear.  There were like a half dozen of these, of various sizes at this artist's area.


I just love the look on this bear's face.  "Oh shoot, I think they saw us... we better scram "  Not to mention that this thing is like 7 feet tall.  We would love a large bear carving at our house, but they are way out of our price range.


Love going down to this event every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment