Tuesday, March 18, 2014

2014 Daily Photo Project - Day 10 - 3-18-2014

After work, I decided to play around with my macro rings a little bit more.  The sun was beaming down onto the back yard, so I figured I'd find a subject back there.  Put the rings and my 18-55 on my 70D and searched for a subject.

My favorite plant of all is the Rhododendron.  Can't get enough of them.  I went over to check on the batch of them on the edge of the yard and played around with various shots of the buds.

This was the one that I chose for my photo of the day for my daily photo project.


I also took a close up of this same bud.  Don't like it quite as much, but it's still ok.


This has me wishing I could afford the 100mm Canon macro lens really bad.  The macro rings "make do" and that is about it.  Have to get VERY close and losing the ability to change aperture is really annoying.  Someday maybe I'll get a real macro lens.  Will make do with these rings in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment