Sunday, March 9, 2014

2014 Daily Photo Project-Daylight Savings Time - Day 1 - 3-9-2014

In 2013, I completed a 365 Photo Challenge.  This consisted of taking a photo for every day of the calendar year, starting on January 1st and ending on December 31st.  I shared this adventure on my personal Facebook site and really enjoyed it.  I took this challenge mainly as a way to finally learn how to use my dslr camera, but along the way I discovered that I really liked the artistic aspect of experiencing others feedback of my photos.

When the challenge ended, I found myself missing the every day search for a photograph.  I knew that I wanted to do another daily photo project this year, but just didn't know how I wanted to structure it.  After some thinking, I realized that the least enjoyable parts of my 2013 daily photo project were the first and the last 2 months of the year.  It is incredibly hard to get off of work and find an opportunity to find a picture with only minutes left of daylight every evening.

So I decided that in 2014 I will take a photo every day during daylight savings time.  It works out perfectly in my opinion.

So today I took my first photo of the day in my new photography project that will simply be titled "2014 Daily Photo Project-Daylight Savings Time".

This morning, the wife and I loaded up in the Jeep and headed for Tionesta, PA to see if I could find some interesting pictures of the ice on the Allegheny River.  Got there to find the same thick, flat, boring ice we have seen for months now.  No flows yet.  So I pulled into what at one time was supposed to be the Pennsylvania Fishing and Hunting Museum.  At this location, the owner of the property erected a lighthouse and I figured while I was here, might as well make it my photo for today.


The octagon shaped "Sherman Memorial Lighthouse" stands fifty feet high and is sixteen feet in diameter at its base.  While most existing lighthouses are made of masonry or concrete, this lighthouse is composed of timber framing, vertical beams and OSB and Styrofoam board.

It takes 76 steps up a circular staircase to get to the lantern room and the observation deck that encircles it.

No comments:

Post a Comment