Wednesday, March 12, 2014

2014 Daily Photo Project - Day 4 - 3-12-2014

Got a cheap set of macro rings a while back and hadn't really had time to play with them yet.  Today, the weather turned nasty again which made taking a photo outside after work pretty much impossible.  Decided to give these rings a shot.  Macro rings are basically a cheap way of turning a normal lens into a macro lens.  Until I can afford a real macro lens, they will have to do.  Definitely gonna be a learning curve with them.  No ability to set the aperture among other little things.

The photo that I used for my photo of the day today was this one of my wife, Ashley's eye.  She was very patient with me and I'm somewhat happy with the results.  With the lighting and handholding the camera, I didn't get the detail in her eye I wanted to, but she was tired of trying.  Thanks honey, I love you.


I also played around with some shots of the freezing rain that collected on our living room windows.  They turned out rather odd.  Almost like little asteroids.



Will definitely be messing around with these rings a little more to see if I can get better results in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment