Saturday, March 29, 2014

2014 Daily Photo Project - Day 21 - 3-29-2014

Woke up this morning with an over-riding desire to head on over to the Callihan family farm to take a cruise around to see what I could get some photos of.  Hadn't been there since hunting season.

I took quite a few photos that I am happy with.  When I got to the back corner of the field, I got out and basked in the nice air and the quietness of the edge of the woods.  This spot was where my Grandfather sat in his vehicle this past deer season.  My Grandfather, whom I was very close to, passed away in January.

This was where Grandpa hunted from for the last time that I was in the woods with him.  He wasn't there long that morning.  I dropped my wife and son off at a spot and then drove the Jeep down to talk to him a while before heading into the woods myself.  Left him there, drove to another section of the field, got out of the car, and killed an 8 point.  The horns fell off of my 8-point when it was dying, weirdest thing I had ever seen.  I radioed Grandpa and he asked, "Did you get one Devin?"  I radioed back, "Yes, but the damn horns fell off".  Grandpa replied, in I will call his laughing while talking voice " Yeah, I've heard that one before."

I shed some tears while I snapped my photo of the day from this location.  I could swear he was in that corner of the field with me this morning and God granted me a nice view of the sky to photograph.  This image will be one of my most emotional photos personally for the rest of my life I am sure.


Before getting to this spot, I took several other photographs that I am pretty happy with.  This one is the old corn crib.  It used to be up near the barn, but as it deteriorated, one of my relatives moved it down into the edge of the woods.


This one I shot very near the corn crib.  It is some random farming machinery.  Caught my eye, so I decided to take a photo of it.


This last one is a photo taken of the barn and shed from the corn crib.


Emotional photo trip today.  Not in a bad way though.  In a remembering way.  I have many great memories with my Grandfather at the farm and the surrounding woods.  I will be back here for more photos for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment