Tuesday, March 11, 2014

2014 Daily Photo Project - Day 3 - 3-11-2014

After getting home from work, I made a homemade pizza for the family, and then loaded up my tripod and camera in the car.  Headed 5 minutes down the road to Cook Forest State Park to see what I could find for my photo today.  Didn't take long.

The Clarion River is still mostly frozen with very thick ice from the very cold, long Winter we have had.  But with warmer days sneaking in a few at a time over the last week or so, there were areas of flowing water.  One of these area was near the canoe launch by the park office.

I was going to stop and play around with shooting an HDR of the bridge with the ice in the water, but my plans immediately changed when I opened up my car door.  I found a flock of geese hanging out on the ice near the only patch of flowing water.

This was the photo that I selected to use as my daily photo for my daily photo project.


Right before I shot this one, I caught one at the exact moment that a goose broke through the thin ice on it's way into the water.


After I had taken 70 or so shots, the geese decided they had taken enough of my rude intrusion.  They also decided that it was time to run me off.


A fun little Late-Winter evening in an almost completely deserted Cook Forest State Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment