Sunday, March 23, 2014

2014 Daily Photo Project - Day 15 - 3-23-2014

Bouncing back into colors again today.  The sun was shining brightly, so the wife and I decided to take a short ride North of Marienville.  I of course was looking for something to photograph.  I read a great deal about paying attention to structure when composing photographs.  As we were driving around, an excellent location to apply this popped into my head.  We were heading past the location anyway, so I stopped.

We took Duhring Road, about 7 miles North of Marienville.   Down this road, my Brother-in-law's family owns a piece of property that used to be a CCC camp.  There is a covered bridge that crosses Spring Creek there.

I got out of the Jeep and started clicking away when I felt the need to attempt an HDR.  I have only done a few of these and don't quite have the technique down yet, so I am always looking for opportunities to practice.

This is the photo that I came up with.


I like it, but I am never satisfied.  Think it would have looked better if the trees in the background would have had their leaves on them.  I will definitely be making a return trip in the Spring or Summer to make another attempt.

Some professional photographers say that HDR images are not real photography.  Coming from an amateur like myself, I can say that a statement such as that shows to me a level of arrogance and a lack of an understanding that photography is in the end... art.  HDR is not something this photographer is going to turn his head to.

For those who don't like HDR images, here is a black and white version that I like of the same scene also.


No comments:

Post a Comment