Thursday, March 13, 2014

2014 Daily Photo Project - Day 5 - 3-13-2014

Heard while I was at work today that the ice was coming off of the Clarion River in Cook Forest State Park.  As soon as I got home, the wife and I loaded up in the Jeep and headed down the road.  Took this photo when I first got there.  I used this for my photo of the day today.  The picture does not do the situation justice.  The ice down the road by the canoe launch area was taller than me.  The area where I shot my pictures of geese a few days back was covered in well over 6 feet worth of slabs of ice.  Really impressive.


Played around a bit... until my fingers were frozen that is.  Found a little chunk of ice on top of the large slabs that caught my eye.


This is a huge slab of ice basking in the sun.  Gonna take a little while for this one to melt.


I'm a thinking this isn't going to be a problem today......


Can't wait till it is though.  Anxious for my first float of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment